Monday 25 February 2013

Taking the Back Roads

The Scenic Route
 Every summer my Sister and I take my niece and two nephews {her kids} to my Dad&Step-Ma's for a week... Every time we make the two hour drive it is ALWAYS the same way, so we decided to take the back roads this year... turning a 2-1/2 hour trip into a 5-1/2 hour trip.

{the White Hue {right corner} is a mix of White Acrylic Paint and Water in a Mini Mister}
 We toured the countryside, stopped for a picnic lunch...and Zood had a nap in the sun. All in all it was a great time {the kids didn't fight at all...neither did Season {my sister} and I}, and it definitely beat staring at the same stretch of highway!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jazz

{Product Used:}
Crate Paper - Fourteen {Be Mine}; Restoration {Borders}
Dymo Caption Maker
Studio Calico - Wood Veneers {Arrow&Car}
Glitz - Washi Tape; Tiny Alpha Stickers
Bazzil Cardstock
Amy Tangerine - Date Stamp; Pocket Journal {I ripped the tags out!}
Lawn Fawn - Arrow Washi
Tim Holtz/Core'dinations - Nostalgic Kraft Core
Vintage Postage Stamp; Vintage Map Heart
White Paint Spray {White Paint & Water mixed in a Mini Mister}
           

12 comments:

  1. Love the arrows and wood veneer car embellies. So perfect for a travel layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, thank you , Lisa! I just love Studio Calico!
      -Jazz

      Delete
  2. Great page! I LOVE to take long scenic routes. Unfortunately, the rest of the family doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some great family bonding time! Love your layout - the photos are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip! I like how you muted the paper a bit. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I my, you are a better woman than me...I would opt for the shorter route. But you have such wonderful memories now. Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all for getting somewhere quickly, but once in a while it's fun to take the scenic route just so that you can say you've been there. There always seem to be hidden treasures! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout sound like lots of family fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the page, the pics are so sweet and that car veneer is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design and I love how you used that acrylic paint with the mister!

    ReplyDelete

...my apologies for the WORD VERIFICATION...I have been getting A LOT of SPAM lately...
Thank you for your sweet words...I love each and every one of them <3
-Jazz