Sunday 1 January 2012

RagTags

I LOVE old stuff...I am constantly looking for items I can use as parts.  For example, I ended up with a fantastic, antique typewriter some years ago, and although very nice {and in working condition, I might add} not very useful for anything besides a 'prop', the odd journaling and collecting dust...so it has recently been stripped for parts.
'Enjoy Life'
This tag has first been stamped with the Stampin' Up French Script {distress ink;walnut stain}, the edges have been sanded and inked using my blending tool.  The 'Enjoy Life' stamp {very faint} is a Unity itty bitty.  I have used a spring from the disassembled typewriter and a {new&sanded}clock hand.
'Life is SO Good'
This mini tag has also been stamped with my Stampin' Up French Script {distress ink; walnut stain}.  The 'Life is SO Good' stamp is another Unity itty bitty {I just love these}, also stamped in Walnut Stain.  I have added three pieces of my poor typewriter, including a bolt through the tag hole.
'Wingin' It'
This last tag {my favourite} has had the same treatment as the prior two, but has then been folder embossed using my NEW BIG SHOT!! {Thanks Mom and Dan!}  I then cut out the beautiful Angel wing, folder embossed it {Tim Holtz} and then added more ink...and added another piece of typewriter.

I so love finding odds and ends to add to projects...items that would not normally be used in paper crafts, or any crafts of that matter.

One more thing...
My Ma, Nancy Parker has been posting her weekly feature 'Mondays Are For Mom's' since I have started my blog last Spring. Deciding she loved posting so much {and with a little prodding from me} she has now started her own blog, Colouring within the Lines! I am very excited for her and hope that you will pop in and check out her projects!

Best Wishes,
Jasmine
**Have you entered my on-going GIVEAWAY? **

12 comments:

  1. Great tags! I love the fun elements you've added - that clock hand is awesome! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool your tags are!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is pretty, love how you distressed it and neat idea to use the parts form the typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome tags and love the part you used

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags arevery pretty! Love the vintage findings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the tags! :) great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you have done here! Great use of the old typewriter.

    ReplyDelete

...my apologies for the WORD VERIFICATION...I have been getting A LOT of SPAM lately...
Thank you for your sweet words...I love each and every one of them <3
-Jazz